Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas 2011

This year was Sophie's first Christmas and we had a nice, relaxing one at home with the three of us and Nana.

Of course, since this was Sophie's first Christmas she had to have plenty of cute Christmas outfits to wear that week before. 

This is what she wore for our Christmas cards.


Chillin' in the bouncy chair but still in the Christmas spirit.


This was a gorgeous outfit that was handed down from another Sophie. A runner friend of mine (frunners as Libby calls them!) has two daughters. One about a year older than my Sophie named Sophie and Marissa that is 4 I believe. She handed down this adorable outfit to us. It was so beautiful!


Hat is a little big but too cute!


The Santa feet sucked me into this purchase.


Could not decide which one I liked best so posted both!


Poppy came for a visit Friday before Christmas. We had a great visit!!



How he managed to find this on Ebay is amazing!! Poppy and Peaches got this wonderful toy for Sophie for Christmas. I had one just like it when I was a little and I LOVED it. So awesome! I had fun playing with it this year.

 
 We have a tradition of opening one Christmas present on Christmas Eve. Here was Sophie's first present.

She is real interested!


Oh look...it is pajamas!!! (It is always pajamas! She will learn this over the years.)


hmmm...maybe to big.


Now Daddy did not get the traditional pajamas but he got a book since his job is to read the nite-nite book each evening. Although.....this one won't be read outloud!!! I had to get it though. It was a great laugh!


Well, PJ's were a little big but fit ok. Posing in her favorite place...the changing table.


After Sophie went to bed Santa made a visit. I realize she has no idea who Santa is or what gifts are this year but we took pictures so we can show her what Santa brought her first Christmas.

Maggie specifically liked the chair Santa brought for Sophie.


She also got an activity table and few other little things.


Santa put a book and a cute onsie in her stocking that her Dada made for her. Love the stocking!!!


And here is Sophie sitting in her new chair. We think she likes the chair despite her non-verbal communication in this picture. We all had a good laugh over this one. 


Sophie got a golf set from Nana that Daddy can not wait to teach her to use! So cute!!

 

Sophie got very spoiled being carried around all day and everyone let her take naps on them so she did not have to nap in her crib. She loved that!

About to nap on Nana!


Sophie now sleeping on Daddy. 

Daddy felt the need to take a short nap too! 

We had an awesome lunch and Sophie sat at the table like a big girl.


I made this peppermint cheesecake that was fabulous! This is going to be added to our list of traditional, must-have foods! We will make it a new tradition.


For New Years we went up to Nana's and visited with her for a few hours. 

My sweet girl.


We love getting kisses from Nana!


And Mommy!!


We ate some black eyed peas for lots of good luck but we already feel like the luckiest people on earth to have this little one!!!


Happy 2012 everyone!!!

~ Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment